Content insurance for your rental home

Content insurance for your rental home

If you're a renter living in someone else's property, it's always a good idea to take as many precautions as possible to avoid getting into trouble. This comes in many forms, but the main one you should look for is contents insurance.

What is contents insurance?

Contents insurance is cover for all your items inside the property that could be affected by unforeseeable and unavoidable accidents. Often, people aren't aware of just how much it would cost to replace all their belongings - but these costs can climb to massive amounts, depending on the incident.

Taking your own belongings' wellbeing into your own hands is the best way, to know the details of your cover, as well as helping to tailor it towards your specific living conditions. While landlords will often have property insurance, this doesn't extend to the occupant's belongings. This is a common oversight by a number of tenants, who simply assume the cover extends to the entirety of the property.

What types of incidents are covered by contents insurance?

This all depends on the type of insurance you pursue and what additions you make to the policy. However, the potential is there to cover most major accidents and incidents. Everything from natural disasters like flooding, earthquakes and fires through to acts of God like meteorites and storm damage can be covered by most providers.

Furthermore, things like burglary and theft fall under these policies and should be taken into consideration. Depending on how much you want to spend every month on insurance will be the most likely thing to affect what you do and don't decide to insure against.

Speaking with an insurance professional will help you figure out the best types of cover for you, giving you insight into the market and offering you a great deal for your policy.

Image credit: rick

Call us on
13 10 90
Request A Call
7am - 7pm, Monday to Friday. AEST