When selling your house, one of the most important tasks is to find the best real estate agent. You want to hire the best so you can get the most money for your property. But how will you know if you’re getting the ideal real estate agent to sell your property?
One of the top traits you should look out for in an agent is their knowledge of the local real estate market. You don’t want to hire someone who is new in the area. They should know the ins and out of the local real estate market.
A good agent should have excellent negotiation skills, and be someone who can really communicate well with clients as well as the vendor. Other than that, you want someone who is realistic and honest. You want to work with someone you can trust with your property since there will be a lot of money involved.
To help you find an ideal real estate agent, we have listed our top tips below.
- Ask for a recommendation: Do you know someone who recently sold their house in the local area? Ask them how they found their real estate agent, and if they would recommend them to you.
- Check out their profile: As with anything else, doing your own research is imperative. You can check out their professional profile or check out the agency websites to assess their work, experience, and knowledge.
- Watch how they work: What better way to assess their work that to actually watch them work? You can visit one of their open house events and see how they sell the property to prospective buyers.
- Know the real estate market: It pays to know what the current market is when selling your house. This way you can get an independent idea of how much you can sell your house for before asking the agent.
- Ask questions: Obviously, you will interview real estate agents. You can ask them how they plan on marketing and presenting your home, their estimated value for your property, how to find qualified leads, and much more.
- Know their commissions and fees: Financial matters should be discussed upfront during the interview. Ask about their commission and fees and see if they are willing to be flexible.
Take your time in interviewing and researching suitable real estate agents. Make sure to find someone who can work well with you, who is trustworthy and experienced so you can get the best result possible for your property.